Setting up in a classroom can involve a few steps depending on which method you are going to be using to present in a classroom. In this guide we will go over how-to setup for using the room computer, using a laptop that you have brought into the classroom, and various options that you have involving the lights, volume, and display controls.
Presenting with the Room Computer
1. When you first walk into the classroom, you will need to locate the podium.
2. This is where you will find the keyboard, mouse, and monitor for the room computer. *If the monitor is off, try to move the mouse or pressing the spacebar to wake up the computer.*
3. If the monitor does not wake up, make sure the monitor is turned on by seeing if the button in the lower right-hand corner is lit up. If not, try pressing the button to see if the monitor turns on. If the button does not light up, please call HelpDesk to help diagnose the problem.
4. Here, you can log in with your HU credentials. Please give the computer time to fully log you in.
5. While you are being logged in, you can locate the control panel in the classroom. Most classrooms will have a panel like this. Touch the panel to wake it up. You will then see a splash page asking you to "Touch the screen to begin." Please touch the screen.
6. To access the room computer on the projector, please press the Room PC button. The button will light up and you will hear the projector turn on. Please give the projector time to warm up and display the room computer.
Presenting With a Laptop
1. When you first walk into the classroom, you will need to locate the podium. This is where you will find all the cable connections for your laptop.
2. We have two available options in the classrooms: *Please note that you should only plug one of these cables into your computer at a time.*
*If you have a laptop that does not have either of these ports, please reference the How-To Guide for Connecting to AirMedia.*
3. Once you have plugged the correct cable into the correct port of your laptop, locate the touchpanel in the classroom. Touch the panel to wake it up. You will then see a splash page asking you to touch the screen to being. Please touch the screen.
4. To access your laptop on the projector, please press the laptop button. The button will light up and you will hear the projector turn on. Please give the projector time to warm up and display your laptop.
Using the Lights
1. When you first walk into the classroom, there will be a control panel similar to this located near the door where you will be able to turn on the lights.
*To control the lights on the touchpanel, please follow the steps below.*
1. Touch the panel to wake it up. You will then see a splash page asking you to touch the screen to begin. Please touch the screen.
2. On the main screen you will see a tab for lights. Please select that. Here, you have three options for lights: All on, Presentation Mode, and off.
3. There is also a button on the touchpanel with the picture of a light bulb. This button allows you to turn the lights on and off as well.
*Please check to make sure that the volume on your laptop or room computer is at 100%. Please use the volume adjustments on the touchpanel for optimal volume control. We also advise checking the volume on the touchpanel before playing something through the speakers. It may be beneficial to you and your students/attendees to start at a lower volume and turn it up to avoid the potential of someone having the volume turned up to a dangerous level.*
1. You will need to locate the touchpanel in the classroom, usually located near the podium, and wake it up by pressing on the screen.
2. Next, on the main screen page, locate the volume tab near the top of the touchscreen.
3. This is where you will be able to turn the volume up and down by pressing the corresponding buttons, as well as mute the system.
4. You can also turn the volume up and down by using the up and down arrows on the right side of the touchpanel.
1. Locate the touchpanel in the room and tap the screen to turn it on.
2. Select the tab at the top of the screen label "Display Control."
3. Pressing the "Display Control" button will allow you to make the projector screen visible or muted by clicking on either option. *The system should be set to unmute when it is turned on.*
Turning Off the System
1. To turn off the system, locate the touchpanel in the classroom.
2. Select the "Turn System Off" button at the bottom of the screen.
3. Select Yes when prompted "Are you sure you want to shutdown the system?"
*You should then hear the projector beep and start to cool down. If the projector does not shut down after hitting yes, please try to turn off the system again. If that does not work, please contact HelpDesk.*