NOTE: Please view this FAQ to see which rooms are "Video-Enabled" classrooms: https://ithelp.harrisburgu.edu/support/solutions/articles/44001892168-classroom-and-conference-room-av-capabilities
If unsure how to use the classroom technology, please refer to this guide: https://ithelp.harrisburgu.edu/support/solutions/articles/44001711706-how-to-use-classroom-technology
*If you happen to log into a computer and Microsoft Teams is not
installed, please go to the link provided and install Microsoft Teams*
Accessing the Camera Controls in the Classroom
When you walk into a classroom, you will see a camera mounted on the ceiling/wall near the back of the classroom. Please choose an option below that follows which camera you have.
1. Walk over to the touchpanel and turn on the system by pressing anywhere to begin.
2. Look to see if there is a "Camera Control" option at the top.
3. From here, you can control the camera any way you would like. You can also disable the camera to turn it to privacy mode.
Please allow the camera a few seconds to make the desired direction turn.
1. If the classroom you are in does not have the "Camera Control" tab on the touchpanel, you will need to log into the desktop to change the camera settings.
2. Once logged onto the desktop computer, look for this icon on the desktop.
3. Once you click on the icon, it will open up a browser tab that looks like this. Please click on "Setting."
4. From here, you are able to turn the camera and zoom in and out if need be.
Accessing Microphone Controls in the Classroom
1. On the main screen of the touchpanel, click on the "Volume" tab.
2. On this screen, you can mute and unmute the microphone in the classroom.
Recording Your Class Using Microsoft
Teams Meet Now
You must be signed in and use the desktop computer to use the camera/microphone in the classroom
1. Once logged into the desktop computer, click on the Microsoft Teams logo. Please double-click the icon.
2. You will then need to put in your HU email for logging in. Then click "Sign in."
3. Then put in your HU password and click "Sign in."
4. On the side tab, click on "Calendar".
5. Click on the "Meet Now" button on the upper righthand side.
6. Then click on "Start Meeting."
*If you are unable to see yourself or nobody in the meeting can hear you, make sure you check the settings and they look like one of the two options below.*
Go to the three little dots at the top and click on them. Then click on device settings.
7. To start recording, click on the three little dots and then "Start Recording."
*To know that you are recording, this notification will pop up and a red dot will also appear to let you know that you are recording.*
*To share something, click on the "Share" button and then select your computer screen. If you are playing sound, make sure you turn on "Include computer sound."*
8. Once you are done recording, click on the three little dots again and click "Stop Recording."
9.To find the meeting recording, go to the meeting chat and find it there. You can also go to your OneDrive and find a folder labeled "Recordings." Your file will also be in there.