NOTE: Please view this FAQ to see which rooms are "Video-Enabled" classrooms: https://ithelp.harrisburgu.edu/support/solutions/articles/44001892168-classroom-and-conference-room-av-capabilities
If unsure how to use the classroom technology, please refer to this guide: https://ithelp.harrisburgu.edu/support/solutions/articles/44001711706-how-to-use-classroom-technology
NOTE: If you happen to log into a computer and Microsoft Teams is not
installed, please go to the link provided and install Microsoft Teams*
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Section 1: Intro
- Section 2: Setup
- Section 3: How to Record
- Section 4: Controlling the Camera Direction
- Section 5: Volume Control
Section 1: Intro
Some of our classrooms are "Video-Enabled" classrooms. These classrooms have a camera mounted on the ceiling/wall near the back of the classroom, and a microphone installed in the ceiling* near the front of the classroom.
If you are in a "Video-Enabled" classroom, you can use the Room PC at the podium to virtually hold your class using Microsoft Teams. Only the Room PC will be able to access the in-room microphone and camera, not a laptop.
1. First, Select "Room PC" on the touch panel located near the front of the room to turn on the system.
2. Log into the Room PC using your HU login credentials.
3. Open up Microsoft Teams on the Room PC. If Teams is not installed, please go to and install Microsoft Teams.
4. Join your Class by following the instructions in Section 2 of this support article. Alternatively, use the "Meet Now" feature also described in Section 2.
5. If you want to Record your virtual class, follow the instructions in
6. If you want to control the direction of the camera in the room, follow th
7. If you want to control the volume of the speakers, or mute and unmute the microphone in the room, follow th
*Note: Classroom 1305 does not have a microphone installed in the ceiling. Instead, the microphone is kept locked in a closet at the back of the room. Contact IT at extension 5177 to get access to the microphone.
Section 2: Setup
Accessing Your Class and Webcam/Microphone in Microsoft Teams
2. Click on the Microsoft Team.
3. Identify and select the lecture or session that you created in your Microsoft Team.
4. Use the 'Join' button to access the lecture or session meeting space.
5. When the pre-meeting popup appears, make sure you choose your audio and video settings.
1. Select Computer audio
2. Unmute your microphone
3. Unhide your camera
4. Click "Join Now" to join the meeting.
Congratulations, you are done!
*If you are unable to see yourself or nobody in the meeting can hear you, make sure you check the Device settings. They should look like one of the two options below:
Go to the three little dots at the top and click on them. Then click on device settings.
The Device settings should look like one of the two options below.
If that's not the case, please call IT Support at ext. 5177 from the room phone. We will send somebody up to assist you ASAP.
Alternate Method: Join Meeting using "Meet Now"
1. Once logged into the desktop computer, click on the Microsoft Teams logo. Please double-click the icon.
2. You will then need to put in your HU email and password and click "Sign in."
3. On the side tab, click on "Calendar".
4. Click on the "Meet Now" button on the upper righthand side.
5. Then click on "Start Meeting."
1. Once in the meeting, click on the three little dots and then "Start Recording."
*To share something, click on the "Share" button and then select your computer screen. If you are playing sound, make sure you turn on "Include computer sound."*
2. Once you are done recording, click on the three little dots again and click "Stop Recording."
3. You will then be able to find the recording in your meeting chat which will appear in your chat menu. You can also find it in your OneDrive under a folder called "Recordings."
Section 4: Accessing the Camera Controls in the Classroom
When you walk into a "Video-Enabled" classroom, you will see a camera mounted on the ceiling/wall near the back of the classroom.
Please choose an option below that follows which camera you have.
Option 1 - Camera on Wall
1. Walk over to the touchpanel and turn on the system by pressing anywhere to begin.
2. Look to see if there is a "Camera Control" option at the top.
3. From here, you can control the camera any way you would like. You can also disable the camera to turn it to privacy mode. Please allow the camera a few seconds to make the desired direction turn.
If the camera controls aren't working, please call IT Support at ext. 5177 from the room phone. We will send somebody up to assist you ASAP.
Option 2 - Camera on Ceiling
1. If the classroom you are in does not have the "Camera Control" tab on the touchpanel, you will need to log into the desktop to change the camera settings.
2. Once logged onto the desktop computer, look for this icon on the desktop.
3. Once you click on the icon, it will open up a browser tab that looks like this. Please click on "Setting."
4. From here, you are able to turn the camera and zoom in and out if need be.
Section 5: Accessing Volume Controls in the Classroom
1. On the main screen of the touch panel, click on the "Volume" tab.
2. On this screen, you can mute and unmute the microphone in the classroom. You can also turn up and down the volume of the overhead speakers in the room by clicking the volume control buttons under "Program"