1. Bring up Skype on the room computer and click on Sign in or create.
2. You will then put in your HU email and password.
3. If this is your first time using Skype on the computer, it will ask you to access your camera. Please select yes.
4. It will then ask you to access your microphone. Please select yes.
5. It will then bring you to a screen to test your audio. Make sure that the microphone and speaker are connected to the TesiraFORTE as shown below.
6. It will then take you to a screen to test your video. The camera should be connected to the CAM520.
7. You will then be taken to the main page of Skype. Here you can do things like chat with people or make a call.
8. By adding someone in Skype, you can chat, make a video call, or make a phone call with them. Just click on their name.
9. This is what the main video call screen looks like. From here you can mute your microphone and camera.
10. If you can not see your camera or the other person can not hear you, click on the three little dots in the bottom right corner of your screen. Then click on "Audio and video settings."
11. You can also get to the Audio and Video settings on the main screen by clicking on the three little dots after your name and clicking on "Settings."
12. You will then be taken to the Settings screen. Here you will need to click on "Audio & Video."
13. Here are the audio settings that you should have to make a Skype call with the technology in the room.
14. If you scroll down on the "Audio & Video" page, it will take you to the video setup as well. You should be connected to the CAM520 and should be able to see the classroom in the camera preview.
*If you do not see these options, please contact HelpDesk for assistance.*
Setting Up a Conference/Group Call
1, On the main page, if you click on a person that you want in your call, there is an option to add person to a group. Click on that button.
2. On this page, you can add all the people for your Skype Conference/Group call by searching for their name and adding them to the group.
3. The group will then show up on the left-hand side of the screen. If you click on it, you can then click on the video call button in the top left and start the call. Notice how this has three participants instead of a normal two. You can also invite more people from this screen by clicking on the "Invite More People" button.